Save Your Tooth with Root Canal Treatment
Struggling with tooth pain that won’t go away? At Absolute Dental Care, we can stop the pain and save your smile with root canal treatment. Pain or sensitivity around your tooth is a sign of an infected tooth root, but root canal therapy may clear out the infection, letting you live a pain-free life.
The root canal treatment process
If you have a toothache, ignoring it won’t make it go away. Leaving your tooth untreated could lead to the infection spreading to the nearby teeth and gums, causing permanent damage. If you want to save your tooth and get rid of tooth pain, root canal therapy by Dr. Todd Anderson is your safest bet.
Below is the typical procedure for a root canal:
- Examine your tooth: We use digital x-rays to scrutinize your tooth and the surrounding bone structure. We determine the extent of damage and devise the right treatment plan.
- Anesthesia: While a root canal saves you pain, this doesn’t mean the treatment has to be uncomfortable. We numb the area around the diseased tooth to make the process pain-free.
- Clean the infected tooth: Dr. Anderson makes a small incision on the top of your tooth to access the tooth internals. He gently removes the pulp’s nerves, blood tissues, and other debris before sanitizing the tooth to remove all bacteria.
- Fill the tooth: After cleaning the tooth, we seal it with a rubber-like material to protect it from future infections.
- Installing a crown: The final step of a root canal is installing a crown to restore your tooth’s appearance and resilience.
People say a lot about root canals, but the reality is that a root canal is no more painful than a typical tooth extraction. At the end of the treatment, all you have to lose is your oral pain.
Endodontic Therapy in Nixa, Missouri
Why keep struggling with nightmarish tooth pain when you can get same-day treatment to relieve your pain? Please dial (417) 815-6797 to book an appointment with Absolute Dental Care in Nixa, MO, for root canal therapy. Our treatment will relieve your pain and make your old tooth feel brand new!
Root canal therapy is a very common procedure. It has a reputation of being undesirable and painful. But when done properly it is actually painless. Every tooth in your mouth is composed of a crown and a root. When a cavity or bacteria penetrates the tooth, the root and its nerves become irritated. As a result, the bacteria within the pulp cavity needs to be removed and cleaned in order to restore the tooth to its healthy state. Following the procedure, the tooth is fragile and consequently is restored with the natural crown for a lifetime of durability. Root canals have a success rate of 95% or greater. Most root canal are diagnosed by patients’ sensitivities to a specific tooth. Be sure to consult your dentist any symptoms or discomfort occur.