Dental Implants, Your Premier Choice for Tooth Replacement
If you have lost a tooth, you may wonder whether you will ever feel like yourself ever again. Luckily, dental implants from Absolute Dental Care can get you back to smiling, laughing, eating, and doing whatever else without being held back by missing teeth or ill-fitting dentures.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants replace your tooth using three components. The implant post is the one that goes deep into your jawbone to act as the tooth root. An abutment connects the implant with a prosthetic tooth. Finally, a dental implant uses a crown or bridge to complete the tooth replacement.
The dental implant procedure
Getting dental implants requires patience and dedication because it’s not an overnight treatment. It takes months, but the wait is worth it. Here is the typical dental implant process.
- Consultation with Dr. Todd Anderson to understand the dental implant process, your expectations, and budget
- Examination of your mouth to check your jawbone density – if you have insufficient jawbone, bone grafting is necessary.
- Under anesthesia, Dr. Anderson inserts a biocompatible implant post deep into your jawbone. We may install a temporal crown to protect the surgical site.
- After about seven months, the jawbone grows around the dental implant. As such, the implant becomes part of the jaw, just like your natural tooth root.
- We install an abutment below your gum line and give it a few weeks to heal.
- Finally, we install a crown, bridge, or denture to complete your tooth replacement. If anything doesn’t feel 100% natural, book an appointment with Dr. Anderson for the necessary adjustment.
Whether you need full mouth dental implants, mini-implants, or a front tooth implant, there is no job too big or too small for Dr. Anderson. Please book an appointment with us for all your tooth replacement needs.
DENTAL IMPLANTS – BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are the “gold standard” of teeth restoration because they are the only teeth replacements that closely mimic the look and functionality of your natural teeth. The other benefits of dental implants include:
- Prevent bone loss
- Prevent the nearby teeth from shifting into the space
- Restore your self-esteem and confidence
- Can last for life with proper maintenance
- Require little maintenance
- Restore your chewing ability and natural speech
- Don’t jeopardize the health of the adjacent teeth
Ready to replace your missing teeth with a dental implant? Please dial (417) 815-6797 to book an appointment with Absolute Care Dental of Nixa, Missouri.
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.