We at Absolute Dental Care strive for our patients in Nixa, Missouri, to have the absolute best, the most pleasant, and satisfying experience with their dental treatments.
Invisalign® fits in well with high-quality and personalized approaches to care. It is versatile; appropriate for mild cosmetic correction and more challenging “bite” problems.
The “magic” that is Invisalign®
“Traditional” orthodontic treatment with braces uses a series of “fixed” (non-removable) brackets, wires, and bands to reposition the teeth.
Invisalign® is different. It uses a series of removable and clear oral appliances. These appliances, or “aligner trays,” are custom-designed to fit your mouth. The process is as follows:
- Dr. Todd Anderson comfortably scans your mouth
- Using advanced software and technologies, a three-dimensional model of your mouth is created
- A simulation of the straightening process is also created to show exactly how your teeth will be repositioned at every stage of treatment
- The information is then used by our skilled lab partners to make the aligner trays precisely
- Once your aligners are ready, wear them as directed by your dentist
- Only take the aligners out when eating, brushing, and flossing your teeth and when cleaning the trays themselves. Additionally, proper cleaning of the aligners is a “must” to prevent staining and warping
- Each aligner tray is slightly different. The aligners place gentle, consistent pressure on the teeth to reposition them gradually. So, each appliance in your series accounts for a specific phase of treatment. It is vital to wear each tray in the correct order
- Visit our office periodically and as directed to check that treatment is progressing properly and on schedule
- After around 12 to 18 months, you will see straight, evenly-spaced teeth and a beautifully balanced smile! Be aware that total treatment time depends on the extent of correction that is required to achieve your “goal smile,” as well as your compliance with treatment
Invisalign® is a comfortable treatment (no wires poking against the insides of your cheeks!). Our patients love the ability to remove their aligners for meals and proper cleaning. They continue to enjoy their favorite foods, even sticky goodies, and chewy treats. They don’t have to learn how to clean around the braces when brushing their teeth.
Call (417) 815-6797 to request your consultation with Dr. Anderson at Absolute Dental Care in Nixa, MO, today.
Share this Article